Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Creating a horror film... The beginning!

 Horror film conventions 1/13/21

 

   Over the past few days I’ve been really digging in the aspect of a horror film and when I tell you a lot more goes in to making a horror film than I though. 

    So for started let’s talk about horror films convention I will need to have the theme, my settings, what mood I want the viewers to feel, and the type of characters that will be playing apart in my film. 


    This is what I came up with, so I have several themes which is not everyone is trustworthy, be cautions of who you follow on social media, the internet can be a dark and mysterious place, and you shouldn’t communicate with strangers. I believe each one of these themes support my idea/concept of my short film. 


    Now for setting... I was picturing me shooting this film majority in the inside of an apartment and some outdoors therefore the location don’t have to be limited only in the inside. 

The mood I want to give is an anxiety, fearful and suspense mood. Theses mood would keep the viewer wondering what’s next but at the same time they will be scared of what’s going to happen as the film is playing. 

    After getting these aspects I can figures out what my characters are. So like most scary films I'm going to have an ignorant teenager which is my main character. Then I would have th“villain” or “bad guy” which is going to be played by a demonic/ghost entity or psychopath... which may be a little challenge, but aye it’s fine. I will also have a concerned friend that not going to be seen as much.

    As for my title I will make it look like most horror films title which is bold to the viewers and have like a scary sort of font type. My title will on include the name of my film.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  https://youtu.be/vuyt0cw_304 Hope you enjoy!